Henry B. Benson Jr., D.D.S.
Dr. Henry Benson has been in private practice since 1978. He is a native Atlantan. After completing two years of his undergraduate degree at Auburn University he transferred to Emory University to finish his bachelor of science degree in biology. Dr. Benson obtained his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Emory University Dental School in 1978.He maintains an academic appointment at the College of Dental Medicine, Georgia Regents University, as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Oral Rehabilitation and is very active in the District and State Dental Associations.
Dr. Benson is committed to helping his patients maintain their oral health and restoring their beautiful smile. Dr. Benson is dedicated to serving the community, whether in office or through community involvement.
Dr. Benson is very active at his church, The Cathedral of St. Philip, serving on the Chapter (governing board) and presently serving on the usher team, finance team, Peachtree/Pine Homeless Shelter ministry, and the Cathedral’s Habitat for Humanity committee.
Dr. Benson enjoys traveling, biking, cooking, reading a good book and spending time with Family and friends. Dr. Benson has two sons, Matthew and Christopher. Matthew is a Dentist and practices with him. Christopher passed away in 2008 but lives on in many memories. Dr. Benson lives with his best friend and wife Lesley in Buckhead with their cats Cleo, Sophie and Maxie.
Dr. Benson is a member of:
- The American Dental Association
- The Georgia Dental Association
- The Northern District Dental Society
- The Hinman Dental Society
- The Academy of General Dentistry
- The Atlanta-Seattle Dental Study Club
Professional Honors and Awards:
- Fellow in the International College of Dentists (an International Dental
- Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry
- Honorable Fellow of the Georgia Dental Association
- Fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy
Community Awards and Activities:
- Volunteer of the Year: Good Samaritan Health Center of Cobb County
- Volunteer of the Year: The Cathedral of St. Philip Habitat for Humanity
- Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteer Dentist at Good Samaritan Health Center of Cobb County
- Georgia Mission of Mercy
- Georgia Special Olympics Special Smiles Dental Screening