Henry B. Benson Jr., D.D.S.
Dr. Henry Benson has been in private practice since 1978. He is a native Atlantan. After completing two years of his undergraduate degree at Auburn University he transferred to Emory University to finish his Bachelor of Science degree in biology. Dr. Benson obtained his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Emory University Dental School in 1978. He maintains an academic appointment at the College of Dental Medicine, Georgia Regents University, as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Oral Rehabilitation and is very active in the District and State Dental Associations. He is past President of the Northern District Dental Society.
Dr. Benson is committed to helping his patients maintain their oral health and restoring their beautiful smile. Dr. Benson is dedicated to serving the community, whether in office or through community involvement.
Dr. Benson is very active at his church, The Cathedral of St. Philip, previously serving on the Chapter (governing board) and presently serving on the usher team, finance team, and outreach committee. He has assisted in the building of 18 Habitat for Humanity homes through the Cathedral.
Dr. Benson has two sons, Matthew and Christopher. Matthew is a general dentist practicing in Cape Coral, FL. Christopher passed away in 2005 but lives on in many wonderful memories. Dr. Benson lives with his best friend and wife, Lesley, and cats Sophie, Max, Remy and last but not least, Coco. Lesley is also actively involved in the management of Benson Dental Group. In his spare time Dr. Benson enjoys traveling, cooking, attempting to re-establish his mediocre golf game, and especially trying to spend as much time as possible with Matthew’s family that includes two wonderful grandsons.
Dr. Benson is a member of:
- The American Dental Association
- The Georgia Dental Association
- The Northern District Dental Society
- The Hinman Dental Society
- The Academy of General Dentistry
- The Georgia Academy of Dental Practice
Professional Honors and Awards:
- Fellow in the International College of Dentists (an International Dental Honor Society)
- Fellow in the American College of Dentists
- Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry
- Honorable Fellow of the Georgia Dental Association
- Fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy
Community Awards and Activities:
- Volunteer of the Year: Good Samaritan Health Center of Cobb County
- Volunteer of the Year: The Cathedral of St. Philip Habitat for Humanity
- Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteer Dentist at Good Samaritan Health Center of Cobb County
- Georgia Mission of Mercy
- Georgia Special Olympics Special Smiles Dental Screening
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Mon: 7:30 am-4 pm
- Tues: 7:00am-4pm
- Wed: 7:30am-4pm
- Thurs: 7:00am-2pm
- Fri-Sun: Closed
- We are closed for all major holidays
For after-hour dental emergencies, Dr. Benson and Dr. Upton can be reached via our answering service by calling 770-394-3114.